A Dark Beginning.

There is no beginning and there is no end, its dark. Everything is dark, I don’t know anything else, and I don’t see anything different, there’s nothing. Nothing new, not even a thought, no goals, no dreams there’s nothing. I keep walking through the dark, I’m not familiar with anything else. I haven’t seen or heard anything. I’ve done nothing but walk aimlessly ever since I could remember. I’ve walked forever, I haven’t felt.
The beginning of the end and the end of the beginning of everything Have I forgotten everything? Was there anything to forget? The creation of the new forgotten, but still, it’s the end of life. It makes no sense, but it’s the truth. I stop when I see something strange. Something I’ve never noticed before, a dot. A white dot. Something bright. I see light! I start to walk faster. I run towards it. The light hurts my eyes but a new feeling keeps me going…curious. I’m curious.
I keep my eyes to the bright thing until I get so close the light becomes blinding. I’m forced to look down to the nothingness… To the dark, but I keep going. Another new feeling, determination, maybe even a goal. I have a goal, get to the light. After what seems like forever, I reach the light, barely an arms distance away. It’s so… beautiful. I’m not sure what the word means but it feels right. I reach out to touch it but quickly withdraw my arm when I change my mind. I feel a steady pound in my chest, it feels like fear? Curiosity, determination and fear, all push me forward and in a rush, I dive forward. I push through my goal and I was there, I was here, I was new. Life was starting to take back its form, the feelings we call emotions were returning, love, happiness, hate, sadness, forgiveness and much more. These things I will never purely be able to understand but I will try.
“There is no beginning and there is no end, but if we keep going, we’ll find the light.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!