Georgia Alice

Georgia Alice sat silently by the beach with her slightly tanned legs dangling in the water and her bright blue eyes glistening in the hot Venice sun, she flicked her almost golden locks back behind her shoulder allowing her to see her brother Seth staring lightly in her direction.
Seth was almost the complete opposite of Georgia Alice in looks and personality wise apart from the fact that they were both trolls. Seth had these green eyes that lit up when he cried and he had a mop of chocolate brown hair unlike Georgia Alice who had beautiful bright blue eyes and long blonde locks that were tossed around crazily when she ran or even walked. Seth also had a heart-warming smile with a dimple on the left side of his face while Georgia Alice had a stunning smile with dimples on both sides of her face. Seth was amazingly tall and pale skinned but Georgia Alice was quite short with slightly tanned skin and both Georgia Alice and Seth shared completely different interest but despite the differences, they had a very strong brother and sister bond that would never be broken.
Georgia Alice alarmingly stood up running towards Seths open arms with tears building up in her eyes. “It’s over” Seth screamed repetitively with tears glazing his glowing green eyes. Georgia Alice was automatically switched on to what Seth was talking about; the war.
The war had been an ongoing event for the past few months and involved two species I guess you could say. These two species were the fairies and the trolls and I’m not talking about the little fairies you read about in books and the horrifying trolls you see in movies, no I’m talking about the sly, selfish, sneaky fairies that would do anything for money and they weren’t particularly attractive either. Fairies kind of look like the stereotypical goblin that humans seem so scared by. Then there’s the selfless, kind, caring trolls that were actually not that bad looking. Trolls were pretty much humans with amazing powers of nature.
The war was based on the fact that the fairies continually stole money and goods (potions, jewellery, food) off the trolls and the trolls were completely fed up with this so they went to war. This war wasn’t normal purely because both fairies and trolls had power. Fairies could read minds which gave them a great advantage but trolls could control the weather which meant they could send the fairies tumbling over with a gust of wind.
Georgia Alice and Seth talked for hours on end about how happy they were to have the company of each other once again and how Seth was now wanted by many for revenge of all the lives of fairies he took, when suddenly a small foul looking creature snuck up behind Seth and brutally stabbed him causing Georgia Alice to go into great shock when the little creature handed Georgia Alice note simply stating “you left your back door open, much love”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!