Kidnapped And Unknown

Kidnapped and unknown


The temperature made me freeze, the bars covered my knees, out went the sun, in came the keeper. My sadness edged near as i could hear his cold, hard footsteps drawing closer and closer. My heart hammering severely as he drew near. But as he finally reached me my heart started to beat at a rather high speed; I couldn't seem to stop. He got down on his knees and handed me a rusty bowl with a brown liquid I assumed was water. In a sudden panic caused by awareness of danger I leaped back towards the rear of the dusk room. He observed me with his frightful, emotionless eyes for a while, then he stood up and walked away. I could hear and feel his boots echo into the gloomy abyss.

Now I was surrounded by blooms of pitch black and twinkle lights I would always mistake as stars. I didn't know why but it was always nighttime there. Most times I would recall it when the sun used to come out from hiding in the morning and the birds would sing their sweet songs. But back then those were just reminiscences if could never turn into reality. For that time what happened outside was forever unobserved, hidden behind in the obscure, shadowy slab. The wall that kept me part from the rest.

Lonely days passed, other ones were just hidden in the days of tomorrow. My days were filled with nothing, but feelings of self-guilt, self-hatred, sorrow and heartache. Missing all the habitats and back drops that I used to see missing all the laughter and happiness that surrounded me every second. I guess I never knew what I had until it was gone.

I never seemed to recall what had happened to me. I would try to paint pictures in my head, but I always seemed to end up at a dead end. I never saw anyone or anything. There was no slight vegetation or movement anywhere. Quietness filled the whole area. Whenever someone would come they wouldn't say anything or do anything to me. All I wanted was to get answers to my questions. Sometimes I would stay up all night trying to figure out those things, but I never got the answer.

For the first couple of days I never ate my sloppy food, but after a while I got hungry and found out I had to eat it to survive in the horrid place.

Woken up by giant, loud footsteps, I allowed my eyes to adjust and open up slightly. Catching a glimpse of the owner of the footsteps. As the figure suddenly drew near it stopped right in front of me. I hesitated to look for a second so I purposely looked at the muddy ground. I could feel his eyes piecing through the back of my neck as the figures eyes looked upon me. So with no hesitation I stared to look up. As I slowly looked up, I could see black soiled shoes. Curious I looked up even further to find a rather large and smart man dressed in a white large suit. He also wore a distinguished tie that was filled with words I couldn't read. He looked like a well respected man; a scary one at least.

With a quick clank the big guy opened up the lock in and pulled me out straight away. He held me so tight that I could feel the grip of his nails cutting through my delicate flesh. At sometime I felt a warm liquid running across my back and soundlessly dropping to the ground. We walked for a while until we reached my destiny. The room was dim; no light shone on it, until I heard sounds coming from the rear end of the room. They we're sounds of pain, terror and warning. From then I became scared. My knees were shaking, my teeth trembling and my lips tightening. I wanted to get out of there as soon as I walked in, but I knew there was no way out of there I was doomed. The guy kept walking towards the sound. I wanted to hit him or even beg for him to let me go but he wouldn't, he just kept walking. As we reached the rear we stopped, he took one look at me and grinned. I knew the grin meant something back was gonna happen but I didn't take much notice of it. With a slit twitch of his hand I feel into deep sleep.


Waking up to poisonous fumes and loud blistering chatter, I gathered my myself. Still weak from the fumes I made my way dragging my feet to the circular window, living lifeless drag marks. When I looked out of the window, I saw that I was surrounds by unsafe creatures.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!