Dare!

Umm... you may know those times you regret doing something.
Well this is one of those times because right now, I am sort of running from the law.
Anyway I’m Adam and right now. I am running from police cars, helicopters and police tanks. You’re probably wondering why I am. It started with me at home on a grey, wet day and I had nothing to do so I called my best friend Josh over to hangout. But there still was nothing to do.
Josh said, ‘why don’t we play truth or dare,’ so we did. I went first. I dared Josh to dip his face into the toilet and he did it. Don’t really think that it pleased him very much. He dared me to steal a ruby from the jewellery shop downtown. So I double dared him to come with me.
We set off, wearing all black clothes and a black beany that covered our entire face with eyeholes that we cut out. Along with a sledgehammer, we set off at 10:00pm. We had to be very careful because we could not be seen by anyone, especially the police.
When we were at the front of the shop, we poured oil everywhere and put marbles on top of it. Then we got out the sledgehammer and belted the door down.
REE ROAR, REE ROAR, REE ROAR... The alarm went off.
We looked at each other and we both ran we grabbed the massive ruby.
Out of the corner of my eye I could see 3 police officers running towards the door. They slipped on the oil and marbles. We ran out of the jewellery shop jumping over the officers, holding the massive ruby in my hand.
Then all of these police cars start chasing us, so we ran down an alley and this is how we got in this position.
The alley is a dead end.
‘What do we do?’ said Josh.
‘We have to climb over this metal fence.’
‘but it’s no use!’ Josh said, as he was trying to climb up. ‘Whose dumb idea was it to play this game?’ he said. ‘It was yours, you douchebag,’ said.
‘Now what do we do?’ said Josh. ‘Quick get on to my shoulders and I will boost you up.’ All of a sudden the helicopters light started shining on us and one of the police tanks fired at us. So we ducked and it blew up the metal fence, but on the other side of the fence were all of the police cars. Then one of the policemen held out his Taser and yelled ‘PUT THE RUBY (DOWN AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!’
I dropped the ruby and the police tank fired and once again we ducked, so it blew up all of the police cars behind us and we picked up the ruby and ran home.
WOW! That was a lucky escape.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!