Ten Things To Do On A Rainy Day.

Ten things I would do on a rainy day. Hmm where would I start? First I would wake up and lay in bed, listening to the rain fall heavy onto the roof and be swept away into the gutter. I would immerse myself into the soft gloominess of the sky. Secondly, on a rainy day I would make myself a nice warm cup of tea with milk and one teaspoon of sugar and place myself on the couch next to the open fireplace as it roared, filling the room with comforting warmth. Like a hug from you mother. Thirdly I will shower. Soaking myself in the hot jets of water and calming myself in the steam as I make the bathroom into a sauna. I get out and wipe the fog from the mirror. Looking at myself I begin to brush my teeth in case of unexpected guests or if I am forced to leave the house. On a rainy day the fourth thing I would do would be to leave the bathroom dressed into my favourite short and track suit pants and stroll over to my bookshelf and choose a book I haven’t read yet. When I eventually choose I place myself on the couch and curl up and I plunge myself into the fictional world of goblins and witches and fantastical characters. If I have fallen asleep after a few hours I will surely have passed into the fifth activity. Taking a nap and dreaming of the world I had just read about. When I wake from my slumber I remember what year I am in and I meander over to the window overlooking the back yard. I notice the charcoal grey of the clouds and ever constant fall of rain. This is the sixth thing I do on a rainy day. The seventh thing I do after I watch the rain, is turning to fix myself a bite to eat. I turn to the refrigerator and retrieve the necessary ingredients for a ham and cheese sandwich, my favourite thing to eat, especially with a dollop of barbeque sauce. After I eat I perform the eighth thing which is flicking onto the last page I read before being lulled to sleep by the musky smell of the old book and the soft symphonies of the rain. I continue with a full stomach and submerge myself in the thrilling swordfights and the rescue of the damsel in distress. By now the sky is turning velvet black as the rain begins to fade into a light mist. I arise from my place on the couch and wander into the kitchen where my mother has prepared a dinner consisting of home-made garlic bread and home-made pizza; I make my way to the dining room table with a full plate and a glass of water and eat my dinner. How I missed pizza. With the night drawing to a close I climb in bed and fall asleep to the sounds of silence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!