Dark Vs Light

Caliginous fog seeped maliciously from the forest understory. Darkness patiently bode its time, however, the growing vulnerability of light became ever-present. As day`s luminosity slowly arose, the dimness of night broke free. Creeping noiselessly forward, a large series of hills became present. In the distance, upon the largest hill, an isolated castle stood, guarded by day`s last light. The darkness below grew, slowly devouring large parts of grassland in its surge for control. The overwhelming thickness of the dark pushed further up the hill, slightly cautious of light`s remaining strength. Dark got closer, ready for the final battle. Light`s chances however lessened, as the sun`s reinforcing glare was lost. Both forces collided, both darkness and light being destroyed in the mighty battle. The light fought valiantly, holding back the might of darkness. For a moment, it looked like light could, slowly, have gained the momentum to hold back the darkness, despite this, the known world transformed. The former domain of radiant light, became a harsh wasteland of bitter darkness. The dark gained reinforcements, and despite the valiant fight against them by the light, there was no stopping the inevitable. Light was eventually over-cumbered by darkness, the tall pillars of the castle of light being transformed into a desolate barren house of nightmares, where the soothing soft singing of the summer`s bird rather rapidly altered into the carnivorous shriek of winter`s despair. Dark was victorious, but the victory would be short lived. Despite the war being won, come dawn, light will reclaim its rightful place, by heroically purging the darkness from the once proud castle, as it had done infinitely before.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!