Feel

Feelings are such amazing things; they can bring a grown man to his knees and make a three year old the most amazing girl in the world. Feelings can control some people’s life, the way they control people is how they slowly start to take over your mind and body making you do things that you weren't meant to do. My feelings are a little different, I use feelings to survive. I was orphaned at birth and I lived in an orphanage until I was eight. Those eight years gave me a while to think about everyone and learn their weaknesses and all about their past. Everyone looks surprised when I reveal how much I truly know about them. Yet I don't understand why they are so surprised, can't everyone do it? I certainly can, so why not you? I was released from my orphanage to work in court, because of my talent, I could look back into their past and tell the Judge what I saw. All the time I was in that little room suffocating and seeing the unspeakable that no eight year old should see.
After six months in the court I had begun to tire of my job and I told Ma'am Elizabeth. Ma'am Elizabeth is the only person in the whole law business who understands me, she realises that I'm not here to be used, I'm here to be free and live life to its fullest. Judge Everton was always found at the back of the courtroom in a small room muttering to himself about a way he was going to control the earth, everyone thinks he's lost it. He's not lost it, I can tell. It's obvious. His past has wounded him and a bit of him gets lost on his valiant journey to Success City from Grief Point. A week has at last past; I have been waiting for this day for four years, February 29, my birthday. My one day off of the whole year! I can't wait to go to the cinemas and watch ' In 2014, a chase to the future '. As I walked out the door Judge Everton stopped me and flicked the light switch leaving me in a blanket of pitch black with only my feelings for company. I felt a cold blanket of doom take over me until I was unconscious. I woke to a crash and lots of whispered mutterings.
The first thing I saw after I had unglued my sleepy eyes was a golden watch swinging in front of my mind making my eyes follow it without my consent. I started to fall back to sleep and my brain fuzz as if I was being controlled. Next thing I know I'm waking up again, this time I woke up easily not knowing where I was or who I am. “Stand up!” as I was commanded, I did. “You belong to me." Said the mysterious voice that was seeping out of the darkness. I did. “Don’t speak unless your spoken to, understood?”
“Yes Master.” Now I realised what was going on, I was hypnotised, the greatest weapon of all time has been used upon me. I was lied to by everyone; this was my fate, a no one. I feel lost, like an animal that is being held captive, nothing of me is left.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!