Ocean Kiss

I looked over at Christian and watched him taking in the view of the ocean, the waves rolling over the sand. He looked so beautiful, his face glowing in the light of the almost set sun. He took a deep breath of the crisp air, and I watched as his chest rose and fell, the movement was so graceful, I had to take a breath because he took mine away. A gust of chilly, ocean air blew past us, and his cheeks went a light shade of pink as his blood rose to his skin, to keep him warm from the sudden cold. He was so perfect, and I don't know how he or anyone else didn't see it. I was lost in him; my eyes and thoughts completely focused on him, until he turned to me, smiling, making me turn away blushing heavily.
I tried to look elsewhere to hide my embarrassment, but I couldn't help myself, I had to see him. I slowly turned my head towards him; he was still looking at me, still smirking, and still glowing beautifully in the orange-tinted light. He looked like an angel. His skin appeared as if he had never had a spot of acne before, it was as clear as a baby's. In fact, time had been very kind to him, he didn't look too young, but he didn't look too old, he was the first person to actually look his age. Of course, being 18, he had a few shaving cuts around his perfectly chiselled jaw line, but they were only noticeable if you were staring, like I was. I felt my face heat up, I knew he was chuckling at my staring, but I couldn't stop myself, he was the most gorgeous guy I had ever laid my eyes on.
He slid over to me and grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers and continued talking with his lavish words and gorgeous accent, "Aubrey, I really like you and I know that, you being a girl and all, you're going to ask why, which is why I have prepared a little speech for you, so here it goes... Aubrey Grace Lancaster, I adore you. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I'm being honest. Your eyes are captivating, and your smile is just indescribable. I think about you every waking second, and I dream about you every night, I find it hard to drag my thoughts away from thoughts of you. The impact you have made on me is so amazingly life-threatening, I think I may have to live for you from now on. I don't want this to sound creepy, but your giggle is the most adorable thing, I have to resist the urge to tickle you just to hear it. You have made me see the good in goodbyes, because I know when I say goodbye to you, I'll continue to see your beautiful face in my mind, and hear your soothing voice, and feel your soft, careful touch. I really do fancy you, Aubrey, and I've been waiting to tell you this for a very long time."
All of a sudden he shifted his body in my direction, placing a gentle hand under my chin and lifting my head, before slowly moving it up to hold my face in his hand, caressing my cheek with his thumb. He took a deep breath, and so did I, knowing what was about to happen. He leaned in slowly, and I met him half way, our lips barely touching before he chuckled and smiled like an idiot, which made me giggle and smile like an idiot, too. We calmed ourselves, and our lips met, softly caressing each other in the perfect, passionate kiss that I've always dreamt of.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!