A Dance To Remember

I attempt to graciously enter the grand room in my 6-inch stilettos and floor-length ball gown but end up stumbling through the double doors, wobbling and making a complete fool out of myself. I quickly gain my balance and straighten up hoping no one saw my embarrassing entrance. I look nervously around and to my luck everyone is busy chatting and socialising with gorgeous people in exotic masks and stunning designer clothing. I can’t believe I was dragged to this stupid ball. This isn’t me. I’m not rich and sophisticated. I am less than ordinary and standing in a room of wealthy people just makes my stomach fill with butterflies. I awkwardly shuffle past all the guests but my dress gets caught on most objects as I pass causing me to trip and fall in the busy crowd. Just as I thought my night couldn’t be any more embarrassing, an arm swiftly catches my waist and halts me back into the up-right position like I am some sort of rag doll being dragged around by a five year old. Stunned and dazed I peer up at my savior; a wealthy looking man in a black tuxedo with jet black hair and a contagious smirk. Through his black mask that fits his face oh-to-perfectly, two sky blue eyes peered down at me. My thoughts trail away and I find it hard to remember how to stand. “Are you ok Miss?” My mysterious hero sang with a voice as smooth as honey and rich as velvet. “Ah-ma-yep” I managed to get the chocked words out. A shy smile fell upon his face, causing my heart to skip a beat. He removed his hand from my waist and we stood their gazing at each other for what felt like centuries. The band on stage began playing ‘Give me love’ by Ed Sheeran. Then the breathtaking man in front of me held out his hand. “Well since I saved you, it would be rude to not accept at least one dance with me.” Without hesitation, I placed my hand in his and he led us out onto the dance floor where many other couples had already gathered and were in the starting position. We slowly begin to sway. Not taking my chocolate brown eyes of his intoxicating baby blues, we elegantly moved with each other. I don’t even know this man’s name but my stomach is doing somersaults just from the sight of him. We keep in a flawless, hypnotic rhythm, not daring to take my eyes of his. As the song comes to an exhilarating end, my back is arched from a dip and my head is inches away from the floor. I am lifted up once again, breathless from his beauty. He gives me a wink and then disappears into the night. Where I am, I can’t remember. But all I know is that I want to be with my mysterious prince charming and so I follow him into the darkness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!