Old Blue

We all crowded around Old Blue’s grave in our backyard. I was going to miss him so much. I had had him since I was just 6 months old. We had been through everything together.
Old Blue wasn’t the best looking dog. His fur was all rough and it didn’t feel very nice when you touched him. It was like touching a man with a sharp beard. He was blue with tan legs and freckles. I didn’t care though. On the inside, Old Blue was the best dog in the world and he was always there for me.
When I was sad, he used to come and put his head in my lap as if to say, “don’t worry. Let’s forget all about it and go for a nice, long walk.”
When I was happy and laughing, he would grab his ball and jump around barking excitedly. It was just like he knew how to react to every one of my emotions.
When I was in danger, or someone was making me sad, he would growl and bite whatever or whoever was causing the problem. Mum said that he was like a protective mother over me.
He used to love to play fetch. He could go on for hours with that ball! He also loved to go for walks. Whenever we said “lets go for a walk boy” he would grab his lead with his tail wagging furiously.
A month after his death, mum and dad got me a new puppy. His body, ears and tail looked like Old Blue’s did when he was a puppy, but the puppy’s coat was much smoother and he is all brown. I named him Rex. I felt a bit guilty playing with him after Old Blue, but I knew that if I was happy, then Old Blue would be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!