Jasper Turns 10

Jasper turns 10
One summer morning Jasper woke up feeling exited. He knew exactly why. “Mum, Dad get up! It’s my birthday!” screeched Jasper.” O.K.” they yelled back. Once they all got down stairs Jasper opened all his presents. He got roller skates, a dog, an iPod and a cd player. Next they had breakfast. For breakfast they had pancakes.

After that he got dressed in mufti for his birthday. He wore a t-shirt and shorts. Then he realised that he was going rock climbing instead of school. “Mum when are we going rock climbing?” asked Jasper. “Soon” replied mum. Soon after they went rock climbing. Jasper was so impatient he forgot to put a harness on. He was almost at the top he fell. “HELP!” Jasper screamed. Jaspers parents turned around but it was too late, Jasper had already fallen on his arm. His parents took him to the hospital. The doctor said he had broken his whole arm and had to have an operation.

Two days later he had an operation and when he woke up he found a present and a card addressed to him.


Next he opened his present and found a Transformer and a book. For the next six days he was in hospital but on the seventh day he got his cast on. When he got out of hospital and got home there was a surprise party with Grandma Esther, Samuel (brother), Maxwell (best friend) and Cassandra (sister). The first thing they did was play some party games such as clothes line fishing, pass the parcel and just in the backyard. After a while of playing, Jasper opened his presents. He got a collar for his dog and then he realised that his dog did not have a name. “I`ll call him Johnny.” Thought Jasper. When he decided this he got the marker and wrote Johnny on the collar. The next day he played with Johnny. They played ball chasings and they went to the park. After six weeks he was back to his normal self

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!