Wayne's Grand Final

Once upon a time a boy called Wayne liked to play football. He played for Doutta Stars in EDFL football. He loved football so he slept with his footy the night before his football games. He got into the finals finishing second on the ladder.
In the first semi-final he won against Aberfeldie by ten points and Strathmore won against Jacana by twenty points. Because Keilor finished first they got a rest and Jacana are now out of the finals. The next week Keilor played Wayne’s team, the Doutta Stars, in the second semi-final. Aberfeldie played Strathmore. Doutta Stars lost to Keilor by one point in a hard game of footy. Wayne kicked two goals in the game. Aberfeldie won a close game against Strathmore by 5 points. Unfortunately, Strathmore are now out of the finals.
The next week Keilor had another rest while Aberfeldie and Wayne’s team Doutta Stars played the Preliminary final. It was raining and the ground was muddy. Doutta Stars were down by 10 points at three quarter time. In the last quarter they came back and won by a point. Aberfeldie were now out of the finals.
The next week on Saturday night, Wayne went to bed so excited. In the middle of the night Wayne was sleepwalking saying “and Wayne takes the mark.” His mum woke up and said, “What are you doing” and Wayne said, “I’m going for a goal.” His mum thought he was crazy. The next day was the grand final; the last two teams were Keilor and Doutta Stars. It was raining outside and when the third quarter ended the scores were nil all. In the fourth quarter Doutta Stars scored a point. At the end of the game the scores were zero to one and Doutta Stars won the Grand Final. They were so happy that they won, everyone got a medal and the club got the trophy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!