Backyard Race

backyard race
By Robson Bennett-Cochrane
Chapter 1
This is me
Just about everyone is lined up and ready to start the race. It's just one person that we are waiting on. He is just reaching for his shoes and putting them on. He is now walking into the area. Could you believe it, he is actually going to race this time round. Here he comes walking up to the starting line here is the state champion Gregory Teasdale. Also known as me! "Hello everyone, good to see you all made it here before me that's nice to see all my fans are here including..." "Get on with it and you aren't a professional you're just a regular dude" said my brother angrily interrupting.
Chapter 2
Ready set go
Start your engines I think that but I really can't. We put up 3 fingers, then 2, then 1, time goes so fast when you're in a race it's almost as if time didn't exist. "Are you ready?"my brother called. "Yep fine" I say." just get it started". He puts down the final finger and we are off. I start running and I hit the lead straight away. What skills by me. I think keep it up because I am going to win that way. Okay then I should calculate my route. Just as I think that, I am at the first obstacle. The pumpkin patch okay there is one problem in this if you fail your mum won't be happy.
Chapter 3
I am skillful at jumping
Okay I'm going to go over the mini ones. I think those are easier. Okay keep going. "Keep up the pace" I say to myself. I look behind me and see my brother holding a map, he's going through the maze . That's why I had such a good start, he's going the hard way. Come on, I can win this and I jump, jump, jump, jump, jump, jump. Yes I did it! No squashed pumpkins. What skill! I knew I could do it. What's next? Chuck it at me. It's not going to stop me.
Chapter 4
I am so smart
Yes still in front, I know because when I look back I see him going through the maze, hey he just ran into a tree. I know why because the maze on the map is fake he is probably looking at that. Yes keep up the pace. Okay this is a bad thing, my next obstacle is the spit ball launcher, damn it.
Chapter 5
Dodge ball
Just then I am in sight of the finish line. Okay ready and sprint. That's bad, I see a spit ball on me. That's going to pop and release paint. Now there is several on me, keep going. I can see the finish line. I am out in front and covered in paint, keep going! I am going to win. I really am going to! I look forwards, it's my brother, he is in front! He must have taken a shortcut. "I know I can catch him, I have done it before" I say to myself. So I sprint. I take the lead and win the race. What skill!
"Yes I am the winner!"
Until tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!