Zoe And Her Special Wish

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Zoe. Zoe lived by the sea and every day she would wake up and get her little purple bucket and go looking for shells along the beach. One Morning when the sun was shining bright Zoe grabbed her bucket and off she went. As she walked along she saw the most beautiful shell poking out of the sand. She had never seen one like this before. It was all the colours of the sea every shade of green and blue. She knew it was special so she put it in her bucket and ran all the way home.
That night after her mum kissed her goodnight she took her special shell out of her bucket. Zoe whispered into the shell and made a special wish. She put the shell under her pillow. When she slept that night she had the most wonderful dreams of the sea.
The next morning when she was walking along the beach she saw another shell exactly like the one she had. She took the other shell out of her bucket and held them together and they fit. Just as she did this a dolphin appeared. Zoe walked into the sea to look at the dolphin. As soon as her feet touched the water something magical happened. Her wish had come true she had turned into a mermaid with the most amazing rainbow coloured tail.
She swam after the dolphin and grabbed his fin. Being a mermaid she could swim so fast. They went deep under the water. Then she swam under a beautiful coral island and on the other side was a beautiful underwater world.
Everywhere she looked a magical creature would appear. There were mermaids riding seahorses. Giant clams exploding with colour. Coral as far as the eye could see. There was also a family of fish blowing bright pink bubbles. All day Zoe played with the creatures from the sea. She went for a rode on a seahorse and played hide and seek and other fun games with the mermaids. The mermaids even made her a special necklace from pearls that the got from the oyster shells.
After hours of play the dolphin appeared. Zoe said her goodbyes. She swam with the dolphin up to the surface. With a big bump of his snout he bumped her onto the beach. She instantly turned back into a little girl.
As she opened her hand and looked at her two special shells they had turned brown. Zoe kissed the shells and gave them back to the sea as she knew her wish had come true. She still had her pearl necklace to remember her special day.
So if you are ever walking on the beach and see a special shell or two always pick them up and make a wish because it might just come true.

By Zoe Zlatar

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!