Dark Night.

It was a dark and stormy night,
We were all out camping; We sat around the camp fire. Looking up into the night. Dad began to tell us his story, James my brother still looked up to the sky not paying any attention to dad, Dad glared at James.

Dad began to tell his scary story; James looked at dad shocked and scared, while I was looking up to the sky. Suddenly there was a massive bang, James jumped. I looked at Dad. Dad glared into the dark, we all began to get up and slowly move into the bush. James was too scared to step one foot towards the bush. “Come on James it’s not that scary” I said. James glared at me. “Fine, I’ll come” James said.

We all slowly walked into the bush, looking far into the dark. Dad walked ahead. Then we walked behind, James holding my hand scared. All of a sudden we lost Dad, We couldn’t see dad anywhere, James panicked, I glared at James “James, I think were lost” I said. James looked into the dark forest. “Yes were lost” Said James.

James and I scrambled into the dark night. Scared, James all of a sudden broke out in tears. “James, were going to be ok” I said. “As long as I have my big sister I’m fine” Said James. As we continued or Journey.

As we searched the forest looking for a way to get out we heard a gunshot, James grabbed my hand in terror. I look at James horrified. The next minute we saw this shadow out of nowhere. We ran as fast as we could to get away from the shadow, it kept chasing us till we final gave up to see what it was. It was dad. We finally found dad.

A few hours later, we were still looking James walked behind me as dad walked in front. James and i looked at each other in terror. “James I really scared.” I said. “Same, we found dad we will be alright” He said. We walked slowly into the night until we saw this light. It was our camp sight. I looked at James happy. James smiled back, as dad said. “Kids, Look the camp sight” Said dad, “Yes dad we know” James and I said. Looking at Dad with laughter. We all sat back around the camp fire looking at each other with laughter. Dad smiled and began to finish his scary story. James glared at me. “Please no more scary stories, Ive had enough” James said. Dad Glared at James laughing. “Oh well, Atleast let me tell your sister” Dad said. As the night went on we sat there laughing and listening to Dad and his scary stories.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!