Family Over Everything

Once upon a time there was a boy called Tom. He lived in a farm with his family. He was 18 years old and had 5 younger. Tom decided to leave the farm because he wanted to experience city life. He was sick of being stuck on the farm. He packed his luggage and quietly left the farm during the night.
Once he got in the city he realised how hard it was going to be. He thought of going back home. After over thinking the situation he decided to stay and convince himself that over time he will be able to find a job and place to live in. Besides, his dad would never forgive him for running away.
Two days later, Tom found a friend named Jack who worked in a small building business. Tom got a job offer from the building business also. Tom and Jack became good friends and decided to rent a place together.
Five years later Tom became very rich and started his own business. He opened a restaurant. After not seeing his family for 5 years, he decided to take a break from his work and visit his parents. He started his journey the following week. Once he got to the farm he saw his twin brothers working on the field. When they saw Tom they immediately recognised him and ran towards him.
Max and Alex greeted Tom and told him that dad and mum were very upset because he left without notice. Then Tom explained that if I told them they would never let me go. Tom also shared his experiences of the city with his brothers. He also told them that he has his own restaurant, which he recently opened and said, “I would love to show it to you my brothers.”
Once they stepped into the house, a woman’s voice rang loudly from the kitchen. “Mum,” Alex called loudly, “Tom is back.” Tom’s mum came rushing towards him with a big bear hug. Tom felt so welcomed. Then came his 3 other siblings, who had grown up so much in 5 years. Each of them gave Tom a tight hug. Lastly, his dad came from the lounge room and looked towards Tom angrily. “Why did you come back for? You should have never come back! You are no longer my son.” Those words haunted Tom. He decided to leave the house again but his mum said, “NO son, don’t leave us again. I can’t bare the distance away from you.” After looking in his mums watery eyes he decided to stay for a little longer.
Many months later Tom’s dad finally forgave him. Tom went back to the city, sold his restaurant and headed back home. Tom realised how much he missed his family. Tom made a promise to himself that he would never leave his family again. He had found happiness and planned to hold on to it for as long as he could.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!