Gary Googlebop And The Jump Of His Life



Sitting on his marshmallow couch Gary Googlebop was watching the local caramello news “The big crane is coming to scoop up our land” said the Caramel Koala in a worried voice. “Oh No” Gary shouted making the whole of Lollieland hear him.
The next day they went to a meeting to talk about what’s going to happen in about a week. But then suddenly the whole land started to rumble and then everyone started screaming “It’s the crane! Run for your lives.”
By the time Gary woke up he is squished up against all his other jelly baby friends. But then suddenly he starts shaking and a big gush of wind hits him square on the face. He keeps climbing on top of his friends trying to get out of the packet before he gets picked up and eaten by a human.
He jumps out of the packet and lands with a thud, running as fast as a jelly baby could run. He gets to the door, crawls under to find….The Amazon. It is extremely dark so he decides to make a fire and settle to sleep.
On the sunrise of the very next day he decides to continue his journey to find home and sit in his marshmallow couch to watch the local caramello news. Luckily he gets a cheetah to catch a ride on. The cheetah runs so fast that he can’t keep up with what’s happening to him. The cheetah ran right at the edge of the jungle only to find a hot, hot desert.
Walking so slow barely able to catch his breath he finds a waterhole that he goes straight over to for a big drink but than an eel electrocutes him. He lands just before a big cliff and down the cliff is his land!
He goes back, takes a big run up and jumps. “I can’t believe I can fly, I can’t believe I can touch the sky” he starts singing. Then suddenly he wakes up and realises it’s all just a dream.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!