Magic Watch

I walk into my bedroom and trip over a stack of clothing. I find my face flat on the floor looking at a silver watch like thing, i pick it up and use the wall to stand up. A light on the watch thing started blinking before I was going to see what it did, but I chose not to. I walked into the living room and flopped onto the couch. I watched TV while I held the watch and looked for instructions. I clicked the button on the rim of it but nothing happened. I through it on the table behind me and went for a walk outside. When I came back it was time for dinner and math homework. I then went to bed so I could get up early tomorrow.

At 6 o'clock I woke up to find someone starring at me in the eyes. I roll over to see more clearly and I look blankly at a duplicate of myself. I scream waking my whole neighborhood up; I swear I could hear every dog barking. My parents ran up stairs, making loud thumps. My clone stood at the edge of the door hiding and stuck its leg out. My clone rudely tripped my mother making her fall onto a hard maths book making her cry. She got angry at me then noticed I had a clone and fainted. My father stood holding her trying to wake her up also questioning how it happened. I showed him the watch and he showed me a secret second button. I was about to click it until the clone grabbed the watch and ran out of the door. My mum finally woke up and we all chased after it. We split up and went into any one of three roads. I went into the lane where I found my clone everything from me and her was opposite; If I wear a blue dress and white shoes the clue will have a white dress and blue shoes on. I run toward the clone and jump to snatch the watch but I fall flat on my face and roll my ankle. I grab her leg and make her fall as well. I snatch the watch and quickly stand up. I aim the watch at the clone and hit the secret button at the back. I dust my close and meet my family at the start of the street, I look back and throw the watch smashing it to bits. When we get home we all sit down a a family and have dinner.

"Don't you usually wear your pony tail on the left not the right?" asks Mum

"No, I always wear it like this" I replied

"Don't you usually where white shoes and a blue dress not a white dress and blue shoes?" asks Dad

"I'm just trying something new" I replied

There'll never know I was always the clone and the real one is gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!