Underestimated

The black, beastly, bitter muscle car lay stir less beside the road like a creepy object in the darkness of a basement. The street was seen in grey with only pods of light draining from the street lamps. Like tan lines for the darkness. There were distinctive glows emitting from houses as families slowly started to fall asleep whilst mischievous midnight snackers were pulling off daring raids. The road looked like a dark, deep and endless pit of doom.

The night felt still and cold with only brief breaths from the wind. It felt fresh and freezing like the wind had done brushing its teeth.

The peace was disturbed, as a simple Father and Daughter strolled out of the gloomy darkness. The father looked like a simple man with a knitted sweater comfily sitting on his torso. His shoes were polished with such excellent effort that it made a mirror look as reflective as a cardboard box. He was calm with a quick pace in his step.

His Daughter struggled to keep up as she wore a spotless dress and a tired face. Her feet were hugged by her sport shoes, as they padded along the pavement.

As the two walked past the black car, the Father saw it and admired it as any man would. But with the tugging from his arm he snapped out of it.

The door of the iniquitous car opened suddenly and silently as a man emerged from the car.

He was six foot tall with an old cap nested on top of his messed hair. The cap was adjusted to hide most of his stiffly, serious, stern eyes as an aged blue bandana stuck out from beneath. A brown thick trench coat hung loosely from his shoulders. His body movement show military experience and his choice of clothing display his secretive life.

As he was done checking the area he locked his eyes on the target, he began ducking behind cars and moving closer and closer to his target. As the ghostly man reached his target with a warrior stance he attacked with such exquisite accuracy and power that before the Daughter could blink her Father was down with his face against the sidewalk. The Daughter watched with horror on her face as the Father slumped unconscious onto the pavement.

As the man finished looting the fat wallet obtained from the unconscious body he heard the distant sirens emitting in frantic pace. The man wasted no time as he left the Father’s unconscious body and sprinted to the black car and accelerated with haste.

As the Daughter watched in fear as the glowing taillights of the car disappeared into the darkness, the Daughter ran towards his Father in desperation but she stumbled over a heavy object. She looked down and picked up a thick, black leather wallet, owner to the man who had just stole honour and pride from her Father. She quickly realised and grinned wickedly as the sirens played in the background.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!