Magic And Mischief

As the days go, Russell is always there at the family farm growing crops then harvesting them, year after year. But there is something about them that you don't know. Russell, Mary, Jerry and Judy all lived there. They had powers, special magical powers that they had hidden from the public for many years. They could live forever, speed things up, slow things down. They had it all, but they had one problem. They could pass it to who ever they wanted to. They had to be careful of the people who had found out and plotted plans to get the magic. Many people have tried but failed. It was a great sunny day on the farm so they all decided to go for a drive up to the mountains. There was one man called the crook. He was so determined to get the powers off the family. So while they were gone he snuck into their property and had a go at opening the door. It was open. He walked around and had a look for things.
"There has got to be something here" he keeps looking.
" Aahhhh,there it is!" It was some type of recipe for a drink. It says it could take at least four days to make.

Just as he was leaving, the Scott family came back. " Hey, I've seen him before.I have a bad feeling he has stolen some thing. We should follow him!" yells Judy.
"Fine, Jerry and I will follow him and you can go and find what he took. I will keep my phone with me." Russell said. So Mary and Judy went back inside to find what the old crook had taken. After a while they got to the spot where the papers were. Mary had an anxious feeling just knowing that it was the papers with the recipe on it that the crook had taken. "Judy I think I know what he has stolen." Said Mary. "what Mary?"Judy said. "The secrets to the magic we have. I have looked and looked but I can't see it any where." Said Mary. "Ok we'll ring Russell. I sometimes wish magic was not so rare."

Russell answers the phone. "Hello have you found what he took?" Russell asked. "Yes we found that he took the magic to the secret magic." Replied Mary. "That's not good, is it. We'll keep chasing him. Said Russell. "We will jump in the spare car and try to catch you as soon as possible." Mary said.

Mary and Judy were flying along when they sore Russell and Jerry crashed into the side of the Crooks car. The Crook was just jumping out when Russell and Jerry jump out. He runs into the bush with the papers in his hands. So Jerry and Russell run in as well, Mary and Judy decide to follow. The bush is very dence so it's hard to run through. "Quick run!" Yells Russell to the girls. "He's getting away! Run as fast as you ever have before! The crook stumbles giving the others a chance to catch up a bit. There is not a very big gap between them now. They start throwing rocks and sticks at the crook to try and slow him down. They try and slow him down in every way they can. He falls over. Russell jumps on him, the crook is pushing him around trying to get up but he just can't. "Quickly get some vine or something to tie him up" Russell yells to jerry. He quickly comes back with some vine to tie his hands up.

They take him back to the car and put him in it."let me go now or I will or I will call the police." "You can't if you're tied up."

Once they got back home they brought him in to talk about why he wanted to have their magic. "What makes you think that you can take our stuff without any permission?" jerry questioned very firmly. "Well what makes you think you can keep it a secret?" Yelled the crook. "I'm going to call the police." Said Russell

The next day the police arrived very keen to find out what he had taken. After Russell had finished explaining what had happened to the chief, the crook was put into the back of the ute. "I think you deserve a good couple of years."
So now the crook has been jailed the farming family can get back to work and will know to put things in safer places in the future.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!