New Kid

“Awe,” I sighed lying on the ground in pain and in agony, “Why does everyone hate me? Why am I a loser?” I lay there on the muddy ground in the stormy wet weather, with broken bones and a black eye, questioning myself over and over again.
All of about 2 days ago I was the new kid, the mysterious and unknown one, but I couldn’t help myself from falling in love at first sight as soon as I laid my eyes on her, the girl of my dreams…. Noel. Noel was unfortunately in love with someone else; well it would be stupid of me to say he was someone else, if anything he is The One Else. You see, he is the school bully and now I’m a sitting duck. At lunchtime I decided to talk to Noel, making my first bold attempt at this school. I wrote her a letter saying to meet me in the court at twelve o’clock and put it in her locker and I told her to bring her work-books. It slowly came time for lunch with the arms on the clock striking twelve and soon enough I was there with her in the courtyard. I started up a conversation and we chatted to each other for a while. “Anyway the reason I brought you here was to ask you if you wanted to study together,” I said, my hands were shaking and I was shaking like hell waiting for her answer. From the corner of my eye I saw a shadowy figure on the oval about thirty metres away running towards me…. It was Toe, A.K.A: The One Else, and he were gaining on me. ”Bye,” I said grabbing my bag and running towards the hills and out of bounds. I was really in for it now and all I could think of is, “I wish I never came to this school.” I kept running and never stopped, that’s one thing I’m good for, parkour. Toe was about five feet behind me, he was running just as fast as me and I didn’t think he was planning to give up any time soon. I hoped I didn’t either! It started to rain and the next moment of my life was one I hated, and one I’ll never forget. “Nobody likes you Paul, just give up!” Toe yelled loudly, and by his voice I could tell he was furious. Toe got really close to me Then and I thought he was planning his revenge…. I jumped to put him off track but it backfired. Toe pushed me off the hill and down the large bank. I hit several trees until I finally reached the bottom, where I lay for a long time in the rain thinking what I am now in this same ditch near the same school and being the same person. Guess you can just call me the new kid.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!