A Christmas To Remember

As I reach for the handle of my door I think of what will lie under the tall decorated tree, which stands proudly beside the flames of the roaring fire until a rush of cool calm breeze lofts through the room, moving the trees branches delicately as it is dancing swiftly to Christmas carols. The suspense is showing dramatically as I nearly wet myself. A huge toothy grin is glued to my face. It is Christmas Eve if you can’t tell; my mother and father lifted my fluffy doona up to my chin. I stare closely concentrating on the story. “And princess lives happily ever after,” mum says in a loving voice. Squeak I hear while mum closes my door gently. My eyes begin to flicker opening and closing I finally give up and reach for my pink lamp. I stare at my wall before taking one last look at my room before adventuring to my dreams.

The sweet smell of deserts lofted into my nostrils my taste buds smiled with glee. I woke up forgetting it is my favourite holiday until I see lights flashing before my very eyes. I bolt to the defenceless tree my mother swore I looked like a very determined football player running to the try line. I immediately sat beneath the tall green tree and politely lifted a present onto my lap. While opening the Rudolph printed gift paper a Nintendo D.S.I laid still. I screamed happily I finished all my gifts and thanked my parents very much. “Your cousins are going to be here soon,” mum replied quickly as she handed me one last present. I walked to my room and slid of the ribbon and unwrapped my gift; there folded neatly was a pink dress, white wedges as well as a sparkly head band. I slipt on my attire and walked excitedly out to meet my whole family thinking this is a Christmas to remember.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!