I Trembled

He's coming, I can hear his footsteps beyond the door, I whimper and pull against my chains, but like always, my hands stay stuck. I tremble with fear at what's to come.


The door creaks open, I shove myself against the wall hoping it would swallow my up. He steps into the room slowly creeping towards me, he still looks the same, the dark scruffy beard, the permeant scowl and eyes so full of hatred and so dark you could mistake them as black. He stops in front of me and crouched down so were eye level, his breath reeks of acahole. I've gave up trying to be brave, hoping one day I'll be saved from this hell. "Hello" he whispers, I don't answer, I just curl up into a tighter ball. "It's rude not to answer when people address you" he's getting irritated so when I don't answer him again he slaps me across the face, pain sears up the right right side if me face tears are streaming down my face, "when I talk to you ANSWER ME!! You will treat me with respect" he growled. I snapped,

"YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT" I scream "YOU'VE KEEPED ME LOCKED UP FOR YEARS!! I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG" I was sobbing, my whole body shaking with fear and rage.

" YOU KILLED YOUR OWN MOTHER! YOUR THE REASON SHE DIED!" He screamed, he looked at me with disgust. "If you had've just stayed in your room, but you went out and she went looking for you and that got her killed" he spat.

"It's not my fault" I whispered " Your supposed to love me, no matter what, I'm your daughter" I cried.

He shook with rage, he took a key out of his pocket and started unlocking my cuffs, a small part of me hoped that he was letting me go, but I knew better than that, I knew what was coming. He threw me to the floor, I stood back up but only to have his fist connect with my jaw. I cried out in pain as he continued to beat me.

Everything hurt, my head, my body arms and legs, once my father was finished with me, he didn't bother chaining me back up. So now I laid here, wishing for death to take me, I tried standing but I fell straight back down, my sight grew fuzzy and then I was staring at blackness.

I awoke again looking at the same walls I've seen for years. I tried standing again but this time I succeeded in standing, I look around the room, when I see a window on one of the walls. I grab a small rock from the floor and throw it at the window, it smashes and the glass shatters even more when it come in contact with the floor. I pull in a shaky breath as I walk up to the wall,the window isn't to high up but I'm still going to have to to jump. I go into a crouch position and then I leap up with all my might and jump straight up, my fingers grasp the end of the sill and I struggle to get a good grip, while I try pull myself up. I don't have much upper body strength after being chained up for so long, but the need to escape is stronger. I wiggle through the window, I can feel the glass scrap against my stomach, I maneuver myself so I'm sitting on the edge of the window and look down, I don't think I just count to 3 and push off, the fall doesn't last long but the pain shoots up my kegs when I land. I slowly turn around to get a look at the place the I was held captive at over the year, a gasp leaves my lips as I recognize the place. It's a cabin that me father and mother bought for us a little out of town. I turn on my heel and start walking, soon the walk turns into a run and before I know it I'm running down a road with tears streaming down my face. I keep running until I reach the police station, I burst through the doors, gasping for breath as well as sobbing. I fall to my knees and people run up to me asking questions, but all I can think is the fact that I'm free and I never have to see that horrid man again.



By Kate Young 8B

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!