Hume Leader

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Roxburgh Park Primary School, a school in the Hume City, the northern metropolitan of Victoria. It is stated on Almands Avenue, Roxburgh Park. Built in 2002, it is now populated with about five-hundred kids.
The principal of the school, Ric Maguire, believes that the time is now, Ric is going to submit a request to the council to build a swimming pool in Roxburgh Park Primary School, “There is no better place to have a swimming pool in Roxburgh Park, I think our school is the PERFECT place to have one.” He also said “It would be great for the kids of our school to learn how to swim; it would just be a fantastic thing to have!”
Sports Co-Ordinator, Di Watts told us, “We have a wonderful gymnasium, (AKA Di’s Palace) I think we should really think about getting a swimming pool, I know that I’m in on it.”
Our school leadership group have been looking for sponsors, and Swimming Australia is donating $5000!
“It would be a great experience for the younger kids of the school, us grade 6’s didn’t have a swimming pool in prep, but I can’t agree more that it would be a fantastic idea to learn how to swim at school.”-Riley Dober - House Captain
“A pool would be wonderful! I’m looking forward to it, our leadership group are doing everything we can to get a sponsor!” -Gav Sursen- School Captain
“I believe that this would be the best thing for this school, I would be thrilled to have a swimming pool, when I heard the news I almost had no words!” –Jake Virtue - Vice School Captain
In conclusion, 97.4% of our school agrees we should have a swimming pool, come down to Roxy to sign our petition for an awesome pool!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!