A Deterrent Warning

You wouldn't notice anything extraordinary about the library.
An ordinary book impacted my whole destiny.
Mr. Linden warned me but I didn't take heed because I didn't care.
His eyebrows rose up and quipped, " Enjoy it and please beware".

As I approached the wooden door of the library, I began to quiver.
I spotted an antique book that had noticeable scratches on the cover.
The excitement ran through me like a jolt of electricity.
I scurried home and commenced reading then something crept towards me.

I wondered, was it real or was it just a dream.
Vines emerged in my bedroom and a light started to beam.
The rising sun filtered through the layers of leaves and spindly branches.
I fell into a narrow hole and landed on a field of verdant and lush grasses.

I don' t recognise this area, I haven't been to this location before.
I sauntered around to discover some things that I might adore.
Until it was pitch-dark and I couldn' t catch sight of anything.
Then I realised, I should' ve listened to Mr. Linden' s deterrent warning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!