Beyond The Sun

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

In a world where people sing, laugh and cry with each other, friendship the only thing that Caroline wants.

Living in Blaxworth Manor is like a jail to her, she is never allowed in the outside world and she never knows why. Blaxworth Manor has many desolated, abandoned rooms that some say it are full of scary ghosts making weird noises but nobody has ever seen one.

One day Caroline was laying on her bed. “I feel like I’m going to stay in this dungeon for the rest of my life!” lamented Caroline. Then she saw something glowing under her bed. She was baffled as to what it could be. Slowly and quietly she walked to her bed, she pulled up the blanket and she saw a blue box. She gently lifted the box and placed it on her desk, slowly she lifted the lid up. “Kaboom!”

“Huh, where am I” wondered Caroline. She got up. She could see tall, thin trees that were touching each other. The bright, green grass was like a spotlight. As Caroline walked forward in amazement she could see a shiny, clear waterfall that was singing her a relaxing tune. When she looked down, she could see her reflection perfectly on the water.

There was a big beehive with lots of bees around it, chatting to each other sounding like a busy market. She could hear the big, round monkeys chewing on their bananas. She could feel the scaly, rubbery skin of a blue-tongued lizard. She could smell the fresh air.

Caroline, walked deeper into the forest, then she stood still and felt bewildered by what she saw. Fairies, pixies and elves that were beyond her imagination! “I’ve seen fairies, pixies and elves in books and fairy tales but never before my very eyes” mumbled Caroline. The fairies were not too big and not too small their wings were as clear as glass but you could still see the colour of them. The pixies and elves were busy working.

After all she had seen, Caroline wanted to go home but she didn’t know how to exit from the forest. So she searched and searched and searched but she couldn’t find any clues!
Then she heard a voice behind of her.
“Hello” the voice said.
Caroline turned around. The girl had dark brown hair, hazelnut eyes and light brown skin.
“My name is Gabrielle, what’s your name?” the girl said.
“I am Caroline, I need to find a way out of this forest, do you know the exit?” asked Caroline.
“Yes I happened to pass a door, follow me” instructed Gabrielle.

So Gabrielle showed her the way out.
Since then Caroline has been going to the forest every day and has become good friends with Gabrielle. There are always surprising new, things in the forest and she nevers gets bored or sad. It is like having something close to your heart, right at your fingertips.


“Just Some things can lead you to Something Beyond your IMAGINATION!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!