Mankind's Demise

The year is 2752 – mankind has been forced to live on a hostile planet with deadly toxic air and gases and a destructive life form capable of adapting to any environment in a matter of hours.
It’s name – the Septures.
I will tell all of its history.

Chapter 2: The Company
UDT, or Union Disease Tech has an unlimited supply of funds and the power to go beyond the legal. UDT Scientists are currently working on project Septure, a biological enhanced bug based on the mosquito with a healthy spike that fights and cures any disease when injected. The only problem is that when a baby septure is born, it starts off as poisonous. Scientist then take the bay septure, placing it in a cold habitat for a 2 hours so that it alters the poisonous liquid within the body, turning it into the valuable medicine. This life-saver is being used more and more ever day world-wide and mankind is winning the battle against every virus known to man – for now…

Chapter 3: Trouble
As the UDT continued its research on the septure, the creature was evolving. What the UDT didn’t know was that the creature was able to evolve its skin molecules at rapid speeds in less than 2-3 days to make themselves invisible. The scientists had an advantage because when they transferred the new born septures they wore hard spike-protecting leather.
The baby septure is an aggressive little bugger. If you get spiked in the first three hours you will be reduced to bones. The poison acts like a highly concentrated salt and shrivels up all the vital organs and reduces them to organic dust.
Scientists have recognized this invisible activity and each has been equipped with motion sensors to locate the creatures. One time a scientist was sent in with faulty detector that was giving out false readings and a septure landed on him and was accidentally taken out of the birth chamber.

Chapter 4: Breeding
The new-born continued its flight to an emergency fire-reel which hadn’t been tested or used for 2-3 years. The lone septure climbed up the nozzle and barricaded the middle of the reel so that water didn’t come through and kill the future baby septure who was a queen and had laid 150-200 eggs due to hatch in a few days.

Chapter 5: Death of the facility
The Army of 179 septures went on a full-scale attack. As septures have antennas that receive electrical currents and cause pain, they went for the power, up through the vents and through to the power generator right under the humans noses,.
The septures entered the generator and cut wires causing the facility to blackout permanently.
‘Great! A blackout. I love blackouts,’ yelled a sarcastic scientist.
‘Don’t take it so badly,’ yelled another.
‘Project Septure has cut the power,’ came an announcement.
‘What? How could they cut the power? They’re animals,’ screamed another scientist.
The septures killed the whole facility in the dark.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!