Escaping The Shadows

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Once there was a boy and a girl. One’s name was Nile and the other Yumi. Oh and I couldn't forget Slinkferno. But he doesn't play a big part in this story. Nile is cunning, as sly as a fox, as brave as a saber tooth tiger but not so strong. He wore a coat made of smooth silk with a shining GOLD top and a charcoal black bottom.
Yumi was an indoors girl who didn't like Nile. The only reason was they didn't share interests and so she was jealous of his success in life. She always called out things like; “Nile you’re so sneaky’ It’s not fair you get everything”’ She wore a blood red hooded cloak with a vibrant rainbow top.
Nile lived with his Grandpa. What his grandpa I Where is his mother? Nile was really like an apprentice hunter to his grandpa. He was good with his sword too. His original home was called Light Mont. Now he also lives with Yumi.
One morning Nile went hunting with his katana blade. He stepped forward and saw darkness but when he stepped back he saw light . “That’s mysterious,” he said firmly. He went on hunting and found himself drowning in quicksand I Luckily Yumi followed but she was not the one to save him. It was a girl named RUBY. She wore a heavy veil over her face and a cloak with a ruby necklace. Ruby paused and muttered “hi.” “Hey who are you?” Nile whispered. “Ruby” she said firmly enough that Nile could hear. They walked on in silence but Yumi broke it. “HEY WHO IS SHE”? She said in an impolite tone. “I am Ruby” she whispered back “oh” Yumi whispered.
“Wait a second. Major DARK portal just released a monster called MILES DARK” she exclaimed. “Why”? Asked Nile. “b b. . . because I was digging and I found a chest and I opened it” Yumi said in a scared voice. “Oh no, I forgot to tell you when you walked into the dark, a dark chest will appear that is what my father told me,” Ruby exclaimed. “So the big scary monster appeared because of me,” said Nile. “Ye... wait! Where is Nile?” SLASH SLING BANG SWOOSH. “Nile just got knocked out” Ruby shouted. “Hang on. Is that even Nile” Yumi said “Yep” Pendulum Nile said in a firm voice. “What happened to your sword” Ruby said “HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW. But look at ME I'M TOTALLY AWESOME I'M WEARING A GOLDEN CLOAK WITH SHINING GOLDEN ARMOUR UNDERNEATH WOW” Pendulum Nile shouted. SWOOSH SLING BOOM “the monsters down Nile won” Yumi screamed!
Where is Slinkferno”? “The monster had him in his hand and I have already finished the closing of the dark portal” Ruby said hoping that Nile would not feel guilty. “NOOOOOOOOO” Nile screamed “So what did miles look like” “well he had horns”.
TO BE CONTINUED...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!