I Am Me, Why Am I Different

“A new boy!” they all shouted as I walked to the school gate.
“Do you know whose class he is in?” I said in a low voice.
All the kids walked away and ignored me. I walked to the classroom, thinking why would they? I didn’t do anything.
In class I dozed off still thinking about those kids. “Jazz, what is three hundred plus five hundred and fifty four?” Mrs Slent said angrily.
“Urn I don’t know?” I said quickly.
“Well Mrs Slent, let’s move onto someone else who is a lot smarter” said Mia and Alexis. They are two of the meanest girls I know.
As I rushed out of the classroom, Alexis and Mia pushed me down onto the ground. You could hear the glass shatter out of my glasses. I felt the sting and the pain on my leg. I look up and see a boy standing in front of me. He had bright blue eyes and blonde hair like me. He turned around and picked up my glasses. He helped me up.
I was in French class when the boy at lunch came in the room and sat next to me. He asked me what my name was.
“Jazz,” I said quietly. “Why didn’t you go sit with the cool boys? There are free spots” I said to him politely.
He did not say anything he just kept looking at the teacher.
After a good night’s sleep I thought out what I was going to say to him.
My mum drove me to school a little bit early because I needed to talk to the new boy.
I walked closer to the gate. I saw someone standing there. It was him. He was waiting for me. We walked closer to the classroom and then we stopped in front of the door.
“What is your name?” I said to him.
“Jake,” he said nervously.
We walked through the classroom doors and then a question came shooting at me.
“Do you want to be friends?” Jake asked.
“Ok,” I said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!