Watching And Waiting

James ran from the centre of the maze. He was running from Luke. Luke was ‘it’ in the game of tip they were playing. After one minute the sky was quickly swallowed up by pitch black rain clouds. James heard his mum call him and Luke. James headed to the exit at the run. He slipped on a rock and must have been unconscious as he opened his eyes to a raining sky.
When he got up his head was throbbing. He heard a sharp whistling. He quickly turned and ducked just as a knife hit the wall where his head was. He grabbed the knife stuck it in his boot and ran around the corner just as a volley of arrows hit the wall behind him. Two voices started shouting at each other. James ran as fast as he could to get a way from the voices. After two minutes of running James stopped to have a little rest in a long passage.
After sometime a killer whale exploded from the end of the passage and swam straight at him jaws wide open. James took the knife out of his boot and threw himself on the ground and thrusted the knife upward just as the whale passed over him. The knife cut the killer whale down the stomach; the whale’s carcass fell down behind him.
James heard the voices he had heard before he started to run. He found the exit and ran out. The landscape was all flat except for an old shack; the voices were getting very close. James sprinted to the shack and dived through a smashed window.
Once his eyes adjusted to light James saw tones of razor sharp teeth then nothing ever again…….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!