Lost In The Forest

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

"Aaaaaaah!" I screamed it was a venomous snake. "Hiss!" I speedily ran away and lost it. "Where am I?" I queried myself. "A mystical forest." a faint voice replied. "Who are you and, where are you?" I questioned. "A long forgotten ghost and if you follow me I will lead you out of this horrifying place." he replied. "Okay." I answered without thinking.

As I was following the strange voice we passed a monumental tree, "Climb the tree." He instructed. "Are you stupid?!" I shouted. "No of course not, now do it!" he screamed out loudly. I clambered up the steep tree but when I made it up to the very top I had to do a humongous jump. "Jump!" he demanded. "How am I supposed to jump 600m in the air and 500m across?!" I shouted., "Do I have to repeat myself again JUST DO IT!" he yelled. I jumped across with all my might and I made it!

As I was energetically walking I saw lots of rusty, old houses, I was getting very suspicious indeed. "Right what's the trap Mr. Liar!" I exclaimed. "How dare you there is no trap and why would you say such a thing!" he replied strongly. "What's with these houses!" I shouted. He sighed, "People used to live in here but they were forced to leave because of a contagious disease." He explained. Really!" I replied in such amazement.

As I was carefully walking I started to notice rotten, dead carcases. "What happened here the? Huh?!" I queried impolitely. "Well after mankind evacuated from this revolting place the disease spread to animal." he explained, "Wow I didn't know the disease was that bad!" I replied.

After that boring backstory stuff we reached a glittering waterfall. "You need to dive into the waterfall and let it amazingly take you somewhere better than this horrific place or maybe just maybe if you're lucky enough it might take you to paradise or as you call it home sweet home." He explained. " What about you?" I queried "I will guide other people that get stuck in this horrific place." he replied. "Okay, thanks for everything, goodbye!" I waved as I dived in the water. Where would it take me I don't know I just hope it takes me to the place I want it to, glorious home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!