Péine

I don’t know why you chose this path; I hope you thought it through because this pain you’ve left me with is incogitable.
I guess I could feel angry at you for putting me through this. I guess I could feel pity for the pain you must have been going through.
I guess I don’t know how to feel.
I’ve never seen a man before who inspired another group of men quite like you. They followed you. When they were down it was you who picked them up. It was you who gave them hope. Who will do that now?
I can’t begin to fathom how your family is responding, how could they cope?
I must admit I’ve thought of doing what you did, I just never had the courage. I don’t consider you a hero for going through with this. Does that make you the villain?
What happened to you? You were so strong; the definition of what a young man should aspire to be.
You didn’t deserve this, nobody deserved this; the world has lost one of its gems.
All I can manage to do is cry, if not on the outside then I’m screaming on the inside.
Jay, I loved you like a brother.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!