Banana Split

One fearful and horrifying night, on a news report there were hundreds of sightings of a vicious murderer next to our house, I dropped in fear and fainted. He had a sharp serrated steak knife with slimy, gooey guts on it, with blood dripping off it.

Next night I was in the toilet, I heard a sound as if a window glass has just been shattered violently, immediately I froze in fear. I was so scared I could barely move, I saw what appeared to be my roommate he said “want a banana split for you?”, yes please I said, it was quite dark I couldn’t make out what he was doing. All I saw was an apparent grey banana aiming straight to my mouth/throat. It was a knife and this was the murderer’s knife, he said “make a death wish before you actually die, enjoy your after life if there even is one but you will not be around to tell me will you?! “ Be glad that you are being used for to be chopped up into chunks to make human flavoured banana split” he laughed. I thought to myself this guy is a psychopath and there is no hope for survival this is where my diary finally ends.

He swiftly tried to stab my throat and choke me, but I managed to dodge it, “he said useless person die already”!! I suddenly saw my real roommate who woke up and he said yawning “what is all the commotion”!! I quickly replied there is an awfully evil and insane man trying to murder me, watch out!! Then my roommate quickly got an electric appliance and threw it at him, he got his knife and sliced it into 2 but he got electrocuted he was nearly dead. But suddenly he quickly swung his knife straight across my foot and I was in tears, bleeding. But He swung it so hard that it flew straight back to his own face, he couldn’t control the force of it which resulted in him getting a deep cut on his head. He was finally in too much pain, gave up the murder attempt and died. As for me I was never able to walk again, sadly I had to go on a wheel chair for the rest of my life. But there were a few valid learned lessons here
• Trust god, never lose hope
• I was lucky to even be alive
• Acknowledge that trustworthy roommate friends or family can a sometimes come through for you in times of need.

And in fact I did write all of these in my non- ending diary.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!