The Coral Blue Door

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Walking past the coral blue door, contemplating the concealed paintings; locked away, wallowing in acrylic, soaking in their floral fragrance, dreamily waiting on a wooden shelf behind a wooden door; wanting only to be admired again.
Walking past the coral blue door and all I think about are sunshine yellow paint strokes. Where did they go? Why is murky green the only colour I see?
I know the paintings are behind the closed door but the only thing left are carcasses of canvases, painted in the days where pale pink blossomed on the end of my paintbrush; I earned things, I made money, I lived a life worth more than contemplation and longing.
Walking past the coral blue door and I can't even bare to turn the knob.
A life without acrylic paint is not a life worth living. I'm out of ideas. The paintings behind the door are peeling away layer by layer, still dancing in the angelic rays of dusty moonlight, lying in pools of dust;
And yet the only thing I want to do is change the colour of the coral blue door.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!