Condemned

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition


23/2/1922
Letter of conviction;
Name: Dr. James Wilson
Crime: Manslaughter
Sentence: Two years in solitary confinement
Privileges: Letters

25/3/1922
Dear James,
Jamie my good fellow! What have you gotten yourself into this time? I hear you are being held at Westbrook, shan’t be helped I suppose. I apologize for not being able to visit during the trial, travelling and such. I wouldn’t have been much help anyhow. Well yes…I heard about the accident. Now James you know me better than to ask trivial questions, what has been done has been done. I trust you acted rightly. A man must do what a man must do after all.


Theodor
28/3/1922
Dear daddy,
Mommy is writing this for me. What is it like there? I hope you make a lot of friends so you won’t be lonely without me and mommy. I turned 8 eight today so I tried cooking, just like mommy cooks but I forgot to pluck the feathers off it and Mistress got mad that I wasted a chicken. Mistress overreacts. When will you come back daddy?
PS It didn’t stop her from eating it.
Claire
5/5/1922
Dear James,
Hello again James. I’ve realized it must be quite uneventful in that tiny cell so I decided I will share the stories of my travels with you. So far, I am on a train heading back to Carlton. There has been an outbreak of sickness, mostly in children. You’re the doctor, maybe you would know something about that?

Theodor
8/6/1922
Dear James,

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to write…. I just couldn’t think of what to say… If you must know, I don’t hold it against you. The patient was suffering and you took him away from it. Still…two years is a long time…and Claire is still coughing ever so much.
Remember I love you.
Your wife, Hazel


13/1/1923
To James,
It has come to my attention that your daughter, is suffering from a certain influenza, Polio I believe? You, being the only doctor in your estate, puts you in a rather, inconvenient, circumstance. I own a certain medical facility that has, in fact, found a cure. However, it is quite costly. But surely you would do anything to save your daughter?
Sir. Westbrook

9/4/1923
To James,
Thank you for your business.
Sir. Westbrook

16/4/1923
Dear James,
Do worry not about me and Claire. We will move into Theodor’s estate. Claire will be cured now. Remember we love you.
Your Loving wife,
Hazel
20/8/1923
To daddy,
Mistress was crying last night. I’m going to be okay right daddy?

Claire
27/8/1923
To James,
the Bastard! Westbrooke says this cure works but Claire’s no better! He’s taken your life, estate, and now he’s going to try take your daughter! I won’t let him James I promise you as your brother!

Theodor

7/9/1923
To James,
The cure is non-refundable.

Sir. Westbrook

30/12/1923
James,
I am so sorry…… I will take care of Hazel for you.
Theodor







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!