I Don't Need You Anymore

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Why would she just do that to me? After all I have done for her. Each day I walk down the old dirt to school, remembering the good times Sophie and I use to have. Mornings walking to school were cold and lonely. I'd never thought that this would happen.

I arrived late to school....again. I apologised to Miss Bright and plonked down in my seat. During second period I could hear the other girls whispering about me, "look at her tacky clothes, must've been raised in a zoo." Sophie, Becky and Moon-Dance giggled, until I turned around. "What's you problem with me I've done nothing wrong to you, so can you please just quit it!" I have never been so frustrated before! "Sophie told us all your secrets and soon the whole school will know. With all the rumours going around there's no way no one won't know" snorted Moon-Dance.

I'm never going to show my face at school again. At least it's the school holidays now, I can relax and enjoy going to Sea Watch every afternoon. A week ago I decided to sign up for Salty Bay Sea Watch as a volunteer, to help out sick and injured sea life.

I was more like skipping to Sea Watch than walking. It was my first afternoon going there and I couldn't wait to see what animal I had to look after. I walked in with confidence knowing that someone from my school would be a volunter too.

There are three people I know that go to Salty Bay Primary, Blair, Jasmine and Emma. They were all in my grade 5 classes last year. Since we were all new we got an easy task for starters. Looking after a sea gull named Silk; she'd lost a wing so she has to be cared for the rest of her life.

We were having such a blast it was already time to go. Washing and feeding a sea gull is a lot harder than it looks if your a beginner. Guess I still have to learn all the techniques. We all planned to meet up at S.B. surf club every afternoon so we can all go together to Sea Watch.

I spent the rest of my holiday surfing, entertaining my little sister Jess, relaxing and going to Sea Watch. We only had on day left of holidays and I al had butterflies in my stomach.
The next morning I met up with Blair, Jasmine and Emma so we could all walk to school together. They gave me really good advice on how to handle Sophie and my ex-friends. But all their advice made me realise what I haven't been seeing the whole time.

So at lunch when the three girls walked up to me to say something about the rumours, I said loud and clear that I don't need you any more. For once I can finally enjoy the rest of year 6 without them making me feel like a bad person.

I've made lots of new friends that I can trust.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!