The Alien Bunny Rabbit

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

“Wait! Come back!” Sophie cried as she giggled, chasing her pet rabbit around the back yard on short chubby legs. The eight year old and her 15 year old sister, Hailey, were enjoying the chase to try and bathe the domestic rodent.
“Stop Mr Cuddles.” Hailey said trying not to trip over her own feet. The amusement they got out of this was incredibly ridiculous. They only wanted to give it a bath.
Finally they had cornered it. There was no going under the fence, no running around the girls. The bunny turned around, terrified and trembling as the girls closed in on it. But no. The rabbit wasn't going to be captured so easily. Now it was the time to let out the secret.
The bunny turned around and bared its large buck teeth.
Sophie screamed as it began to grow. Its soft snow white fur had slowly began to change to long, matted dark, mud brown colour. It eyes popped from small black beady ones to voluminous red ones. Its teeth sharpened to points, ears shrunk and tuned into curled horns. instead of soft fluffy feet claws, with razor sharp talons. But the strangest thing by far was the sound it created when it opened its mouth. “Meow.” Meow? This creature was the size of a horse and it just meowed?
The girls ran. Dropping the sponges and brushes in their hands as they ran away from the beast. But it followed them, it was now his turn to chase them around the garden. With each step, it shook the ground, leaves on trees quivered.
He caught up to them, taking Hailey in its taloned claws. It stood up on its hind legs and hobbled over to the tub dropping the teenager into the bubbly solution that was meant for him. It picked up a sponge and began scrubbing her head, foam began to form her head and began dribbling down her face. It didn't mean to cause them harm. Only to get revenge, he didn't like them washing him, did they like to be washed by something bigger than himself?
Sophie approached them, stunned by what was happening. She couldn't hold it in any more. She had to do it. She fell to the ground, clutching her sides, laughing so hard it hurt.
It caught the creature’s attention. Now it was her turn to be washed. Taking the child by her legs it dunked her into the tub and began washing under her arms.
Hailey stifled her chuckles as she saw the frown on her sister’s face.
Sophie glared at her and grumbled as Hailey continued to chuckle heartily. “I hate baths.”
“Haha ha! How do you think the bunny feels?” Hailey cackled as the transformed bunny rabbit began to tip buckets of soapy water over their heads to rinse them off.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!