Fantasy Land

Hi, the names Ruby. I live in London on Lucky Street, well use to. Now I am under cover from people who are very dangerous, and we live in the woods! My Mum and Dad say that it will take a while to go back to the way it was before, but how long is a while?
Today is my birthday! What a great way to celebrate by escaping the place I love. My Mum has just asked me to go and pick some berries from deeper in the forest! Yay a 15 year old picking berries on her birthday.
I've picked the berries for Mum, but where is she? A tear falls from my bright blue eye waiting for a sign. Finally my phone rings, it's Mum, I pick up the phone with delight. What, I've just missed the call. No Wi-Fi no signal. Yes, a message. "Dear Ruby, we are alright. The house is 2 blocks over and..." Now my phone is dead! Now what did Mum say, 2 blocks over but which way? Then I can ask her what was left of the message! Just keep it together Ruby.
Is this the house? This must not be it! Why would Mum or Dad pick this house? It's so old and dusty, when normally the only kind of house they like are new and exciting. That's right, we're under cover, nearly forgot. I open the door and step in, worst mistake ever!
"Ahhhhhhhhh" I scream plummeting down not seeing anything but black. I drop. Why on earth are there 2 doors in front of me? Isn't that the door I just walked in, let alone fall through? There's another one next to it, and it's a pretty one too, it's made out of gold! That note wasn't there before "Dear Ruby, there are 2 door's here just for you, but which one will you choose? One leads you home and one leads you, somewhere else. Luke Fantasy." How does he know my name and who is Luke?
Which one should I choose? Gold or wood? I choose... Gold. I open it, I close my eyes thinking of my family and friends. Then I open one eye. “Oh, my!" I say amazed. I'm sitting in a meadow! Butterflies flying, rabbits hopping and a lake as blue as the sky. A boy comes out of nowhere, with eyes as blue as the lake, his hair as gold as the sun, and his smile as white as clouds. "Hello," says the boy. "Who are you?" I ask. "Why you should know, I sent you a note!" He says with a frown. "You’re Luke Fantasy!" I say with astonishment. “Come, I'll show you around." "Where am I?" "You’re in Fantasy Land, and I rule here, and was just wondering if you would like to be the Queen?" He says. How could I say yes, but how could I say no?
TO BE CONTINUED!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!