The Firework Competion

Next week well be the school fair. Everybody in the school cant wait you get a day of school there’s rides show bags, food, games but what I’ve been waiting for are the completions. There are a number of competitions at the fair some with a reward of just a free show bag and some with $500 reward. I’ve been looking through the flyer for the completion. The biggest reward is $1000 and a choice of a ps4, Xbox one, tablet, and Ipad air but that’s a writing completion and I’ve never been great at writing. The next biggest is a modeling completion with a prize for $750 but with me being short and stubby and dark brown hair a face filled with freckles and a bad scar across my forehead when I was 6 and a horrible brown eye colour, I don’t think I’d have a chance at that. There were more competitions for best drawer and fastest writer but then one caught my eye build the best firework. This was a competition that I thought I might win because my dad runs the fireworks on New Years Eve in our city, plus it was a $350 reward that’s enough to get the new bike I wanted. But when I talked to dad about he wouldn’t let me borrow the fireworks he uses because he says that cheating and I have to research it my self. I found out its not that hard you just need some gun powder matches rolls of cardboard and you just need different elements for different colours’ like green is barium salts and blue is copper salts and only three people are entering but when I found out who was entering at school I knew I had to work rely hard the smartest kid in the 6th grade is entering Mark Morrison but the Craig Finkler is not the smartest of all kids you could say. When I got home I got straight to work and I have to say I was pretty happy with the finished product. It’s the day of the fair and the firework competition but the firework competition isn’t till last so I watch my friends do their competitions my sister entered the writing competition and came second and I have to admit the story was pretty good none of my other friends even place though it was nearing the end of the fair and all the rides had been closed. The firework competition had just started and Mark Morrison’s fire works hadn’t been as good as I thought they would have been I was next and I thought I had a great chance at winning but then Craig Finkler the person who I thought would of done the worst pulled of ones you would think are professionally made. He ended up winning the show but I still got $50 for coming second.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!