The Very Not Merry Christmas

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One beautiful Christmas eve, there was a boy named Andy and he loved to explore. He was not an ordinary kid; he always took the hard way and always worked hard for all those boring and hopeless stuff. He was just coming out of the house for a breather when this ugly and hideous thing came from the sky, swooped down and picked him up. Andy screamed but no one heard. He looked at the thing to have a closer look. It was an elf, a not too friendly elf. He asked him where was he taking him, but he didn’t replied. Soon enough he found himself lying down in a battle dome, made from gingerbread.

He looked around wondering what happened. Next to him was a kid, around his age. He looked up and saw Santa. Santa was really ugly. He said: “Ladies and gingerbread men and elves. This year we didn’t bring evil elves to fight in the battle dome, but instead we brought two humans to fight the beasts.”

He then asked us if we wanted any weapons. Both of us said yes in a flash. He spun a wheel and the other dude got a laser sword. He spun the wheel again and Andy got a bowl of cold noodles. He thought to himself, “What am I meant to do with this?”

“Bring out the elf and the reindeer!” Santa shouted. Andy said he was going to attack the elf and no swap backs. The other dude said ok. When the reindeer came out he had gun and lasers all around him, but when the elf came out it looked like an even worse hulk.

The other dude quickly finished of the reindeer while Andy was running around the whole stadium. The dude shouted, “Use your weapon!” Andy couldn’t think of a better idea so he threw his bowl of cold noodles in the elf’s face. He didn’t look back until he heard no more loud footsteps following him. He turned around and he saw the elf lying there with a massive lump on its face. What are the chances that the elf was allergic to noodles? Andy asked for the other dude Calvin who then used his laser sword and cut a hole for them to run out.

We saw a sign saying portal to Earth. We ran to the portal the fastest we could and we finally saw the portal. They went threw it until Andy reached home. He finally slept in peace as nothing was going to happen or was there?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!