The Dark Brotherhood

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One day I was playing Skyrim, I played for hours but then there was a vicious storm the trees outside stared swaying, dirt started to fly but then a single drop of water hit my PlayStation then that one drop of water sent a shock of electricity through some cords then it shocked me!
As I got a slight electric shock I felt as if someone was inside me trying to rip out my insides, as I looked around I saw a blinding mix of colours that formed to look like a portal of some sort.
I had landed in the world of Skyrim! I was so excited as I thought of the possibilities I looked around and realised I was in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, The Dark Brotherhood are a group of hired assassins that will do anything for a contract that pays. I panicked, I started to run for the exit then I was approached by a mysterious woman dressed in some sort of red and black uniform, when she caught up to me she asked me in a very stern voice what my name was and how I found the sanctuary. So I told her my name but I still didn’t know how I got here at this point.
Her voice became calm and fragile as she told me her name was Astrid and that I need to work for them or they will kill me, so I had no option other than agreeing, as I told her I would help I felt my voice stutter.
Then she went on to tell me that they were trying to tell the emperor and that I should leave right away to go kill my target, a bride at her wedding! And so I travelled to a place called Winterhold, when I got there I was mesmerised by all of the building trees and the lush green grass. But I knew sightseeing wasn’t the reason I was there I had to kill a bride.
I knew where she would be addressing her guests so I tried to find a secluded area with an easy escape route, I finally found the perfect spot I ended up sitting on an old barricade for the city. Just in time to her comes the bride, so I pulled out a bow Astrid gave me put in an arrow lined up the shot and.
I had done it I just killed the bride, an innocent women not deserving to die but despite all my feelings I knew I still had to get back home, I went back to Astrid told her it was done, then I asked her if she had noticed any flaws in the world she told me she had noticed one inside an old sanctuary in Dawnstar.
So I travelled to Dawnstar and into the sanctuary and sure enough it was there, I cautiously touched it and I found myself sitting in my lounge once again

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!