Leila's Surprise

It started off as a normal sunny day at Leila’s house, but it wasn’t normal because in fact it was the day before Leila’s Birthday.
Unfortunately Leila had school, so her Mum took her. When Leila returned home from school she had dinner (and dessert), a bath and brushed her teeth and off to bed she went.
When Leila woke to a strange noise the next morning she jumped out of bed, ran to her closet (full of clothes) and dressed herself in a beautiful blue dress and a pair of purple shoes. She ran to her mother and was surprised to see her parents all dressed up. Leila asked eagerly, “What’s going on, where are you taking me??” Her parents answered politely, “Sweetie we’re taking you out for lunch for your birthday at Sizzler!!” Leila was so excited, Sizzler was her favourite restaurant. She rushed into the bathroom with her mum and they prepared her hair in a neat side ponytail.
When they were ready they jumped into their beautiful car and left home immediately. Eventually they reached Sizzler and Leila ran in. When she arrived at her table she was in shock that it had ten seats. Not much later her best friends were arriving and she realised they were there for a surprise party. After Sizzler they went home and had birthday cake and a slumber party and everyone agreed that it was the best birthday ever!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!