Heat Of Depression

CHAPTER 1

The city’s shade should’ve made Stefan’s country cooler, but the sun would still beat down across the pavement. Stefan lived near a beach, which could help him relax. But his depression kept building up.
Then one day, out of the blue, his parents said they were leaving. Stefan gaped at them and shuddered. He was only sixteen. This house would become all his. ‘But mama...’ he began, but he was too shocked to say anything else. The next day, the bags were fully packed and they were leaving.
‘Make some friends while we’re gone. Call us,’ Stefan’s mother said.
‘I promise,’ he said, weeping, with more and more depression building as he spoke.
‘Bye Steffy!’ the parents cried as they went to the car.
I promise, Stefan thought again.

CHAPTER 2

School started the next day and Stefan searched for someone to hang out with. He would try something new. In class he started talking to some of the boys, but he just got detention. He felt extremely depressed. Tears ran down his hot cheeks and fell through his shirt. Sad thoughts rumbled through his mind. He didn’t finish the task.
After school he reluctantly trudged to Mr. Evans’ detention room.
‘Let’s see your detention slip, Stefan,’ he growled. They exchanged glances as Stefan sat down.
After the mournful hour, he walked out the school building. Outside, a lovely looking girl was standing at the door. ‘I’ve been waiting for you. My name is Kaitlyn Hawkyns. I want to be your friend.’

CHAPTER 3

Kaitlyn heard about Stefan’s depression. She heard about his parents’ leaving. She heard everything and she helped him through it. A couple of nights later, Stefan called his mother and father, who were pleased to hear that Kaitlyn had become his friend.
Years later, Kaitlyn moved in to live with Stefan. Nowadays, you would never know Stefan had been depressed in his life.
Every night, he would thank Kaitlyn. She had turned his life around.

The End


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!