Ocean

As I ride my board out throught the crashing waves my mind is taken to a whole new world. A world where all of my fears, all of my hatred moments disappear into nothing. I am out here, and the ocean is my home. I sit up on my board, I look out into the horizon. Somewhere, out there, my life ahead of me is waiting for me. I see a wave. As is ride it in, I watch my dog and my brother play on the beach. They look so happy, I wish I could be like that. Happy, free, careless and pure. Instead, Im in a dee pit of anger and fear. Fear that cannot be replaced my anything. It is not a fear that can be faced, this fear is a waiting game. I cant make her go away, only she can. I wish she did. Nine years ago my mum died from cancer. I was three. Five years ago she came into my life. took over my dad and made him see less in my brother and I. No longer did he believe we could do anything we wanted to. Now its just a thing where we do what he says or we regret it. She's not my mum. She doesnt get to decide what we do and dont do. She has no conrtol over my life and I hate her for what she did. Ill move on, eventually, but for now I let the ocean decide.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!