Naplan

“No need to worry what I am going to say,” Miss Rose continued reading out to the class, what it said on the email she got from the principal, Mr John.
“Naplan is in 1 week time” muttered Miss Rose. Everyone got worried. “The days are zooming by very quickly. So get your hearing aids on and get fastened up to get the preparation started,” Miss Rose demanded. The week was finally here.
Miss Rose announced to the children in her class “I hope you are ready for the test that by the way is tomorrow.”
Something happen inside Max, hearing Naplan is tomorrow.
The day had passed like another ordinary day. But not for Max, he went to sleep early because he thought he might feel better. The night had passed like a lightning storm.
Miss Rose announced, “You have to write a persuasive text in 50 minutes. Your time starts now.”
The room was as silent as it can be. In this much silence you could even hear a pin drop. Tick, tick, tick you could hear everyone racing to the finish. Max just written the first things that could come running in his head, he was writing as slow a baby running. The silence was like you were in detention.
Ring, ring, ring you could hear the buzzer go on. “Stop yelled” Miss Rose “now hand your persuasive test to me.”
The next day came the English test. When I got my Naplan English resalts I only got 1 question right from 60. Lastly my maths test was over and done with. After a week Max was out of his mind when he saw the results of his maths test.
He asked his friends there results. There results were from 20-30 points.
“Guess what I got?,” Max asked his friends. “I got 39 out of 40.”“Mum, dad I need to ask you something very important.”
“What is it” dad screamed.
“Can I go to the snow,” Max asked.
“Why did you pass your Naplan resalts. “Mum said “yeah” Max said.
“Show me you results first,” Mum said
Max replied “Ok”
Mum and dad were shocked to see the results. So they still took him to the snow on28th march,2015 .
“Yahoooo.”
The day after he told his friends that, “keep learning to get fantastic surprises and you can also defiantly enjoy yourself.”
The teacher asked, “How was your practise Naplan test.”
Max thought inside there is still the real test.
Nooooooo. But he didn’t tell his mum or his dad.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!