A Day At The Beach

My Family and I had decided to go to the beach for the day , it was a hot 28 Degree's outside at 10.30 am in the morning . I packed my day bag with my togs, towel and sunscreen I also packed my kite. My Dad and Mum packed us some sandwiches , fruit and cold drinks for our day out . when we arrived at the beach I was so excited to play in the sand and build sandcastles . I saw alot of other children playing and swimming together .
after i built a big sandcastle , I got changed into my togs and ran straight for the waves , i dived in and out of the water it was so much fun . In the distance i could see some big ships cruising along the water, I also saw people fishing of the rocks , everyone was having a good time as it was such a beautiful day to be out at the beach.
I heard Mum calling out " Jayden Lunch Time " i ran up to where Dad and Mum had set up a rug on the grass , where we sat down and had the sandwiches , fruit and a cold drink , when i looked up i was amazed to see some rainbow lorikeets chirping away in the tree , they were so pretty to look at , i threw some left over bread on the grass for them to eat.
After lunch i wanted to go back and play , there was a playground at the beach too , Dad and Mum walked with me to the playground , the first thing i wanted to play on was the swing , Dad Pushed me higher and higher on the swing , it was so much fun , i could feel funny waves in my stomach as i was going higher and higher . I saw lots of children playing in the playground laughing and having lots of fun. I went back to the beach for another swim , when i hopped out i wanted to fly my kite , I ran fast down the beach holding on tight to my kite it flew high up into the air i was having so much fun . Dad called out to me and said we had to start packing up to go home , i was feeling a bit sad to leave as i looked around people were packing away stuff in their cars ready to go home as well , I helped Dad and Mum pack up our bags and put everything in the car , we were ready to leave the beach for the day and head home , all the way home i was thinking about all the fun i had at the beach , swimming , playing , and building the biggest sandcastle .
I asked my Dad and Mum if we could go back to the beach again soon and if i was able to bring my friend Tyrese next time we go , Mum said yes of course . When i went back to school i told my friends all about my great day out at the beach.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!