Emma The Gymnast.

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Emma loves gymnastics. She just did a competition that qualified her for the gymnastics world cup. Emma was amazing. But she had a problem. She was training so much for the world cup that she was spending hardly any time at all with her friends. That was making them angry.
Emma didn’t know how to please them. She had a very tight schedule. Juggling homework and training everyday was very hard. Emma struggled enough as it was with homework and training; she didn’t need fights with her friends too.
The days of the competition were coming up fast and Emma was training harder than ever. Her coach Miss Stephanie made her go over the easiest moves such as cartwheels and handstands. That is what you have to do to prepare for a big competition like the one coming up.
Miss Stephanie had Emma go over her programs on the bars, the beam and the floor so many times on the days leading up to the competition. The days flew by.
Soon enough the big day came. Emma was so nervous. She had to be at the sport arena at 8:30am so her mum and her got up at 5:30am to do her hair and makeup. Emma’s mum was an expert at beauty so it was a guarantee that Emma was going to look beautiful.
Emma’s leotard was silver with black swirls, sequins and jewels. She looked stunning.
Emma’s dad drove her and her mum to the sports arena where she met with Miss Stephanie and walked in to warm up.
Emma was excited but nervous when she warmed up. There was only 5 minutes until her first event. The beam. When she started she got onto a roll. On every event she flipped, twisted and rolled her way through to the end.
Then the most nerve racking event came up. The award ceremony. Emma came 1st on the beam, 1st on the floor and 2nd on the bars. Then they found out who qualified for the Olympics. They ran through the names and Emma’s name wasn’t being called. But then the announcer called her name as last but not least. Emma was so happy. She didn’t think somebody as young as her could qualify. For the next week her family and her coach celebrated. It was the best day of her life.
The end!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!