My Horror Story

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

“Don’t look down,” I chanted, “don’t look down.” I looked down…
I was falling into what looked like a BOTTOMLESS pit!!! It felt like I had been falling for eternity! Then SUDDENLY I hit rock bottom.
“OWWWWWWW,” I shrieked so loud that if this pit had windows all of them would be shattered. I instantly knew that my ankle was seriously broken. I could even see the broken bone sticking out like an enormous lump on my skin. It was so painful I just had to cry. Cry because of my curiosity, cry because I was here and cry because even if I did get back to the sunlight my mother was too poor to mend my broken ankle. I couldn't do anything like walk so I guess I’ll tell you why I’m here in the first place.
I walked through the dangerous forest. I had spotted a minute glow of light and I had sprinted to it out of curiosity. The place where the glow of light came from was in a horribly run-down cottage. There was also a strange and bizarre piece of solid wood on the door. On the piece of wood there was 6 peculiar faces nailed onto it. All of them had an expression that sent a shiver down my spine. Even though they were frightening I just had the urge to go and scrutinize it so I went up the steps to see who lived there.
Then SUDDENLY!!!!!!!
A wolf pack howled in to the black terrifying night. All the hairs on my neck stood up. A ghost shrieked in my ear and I whipped around. The last thing I saw to ensure that it was a ghost was the white and close to transparent sheet it was wearing. While I was thinking about it I abruptly shrieked out loud. There was over a billion miniature army ants making their way onto the steps onto me. I shrieked trying to run away but the most horrifying thing was that I couldn't move!Just after all this happened the step I was standing on opened up and it swallowed me into pitch darkness. I knew I was falling!
That’s how I've got a broken ankle. Sitting here doing absolutely nothing! No food, no company. NOTHING! Precipitously I remembered the story my grandpa had told me when I was 8 years old. He told me the story of the 6 faces. Whoever saw them would die a HORRIBLE death.
My fate had been decided
I would die here.
A month later there was a body lying on the floor with a broken leg…
Until now I haunt the deep dark passages of this mysterious pit searching for a way out. There is NO way out!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!