Echo The Dragon.

'Ok, I want you to pick up an egg and put it in the pot.' Tüla said. I clambered over the rocks carefully and picked up an egg; it was warm to the touch, and the heat radiating from it gave me strength. It was a beautiful deep purple with milky white swirls. I climbed back over the rocks and slowely put the egg into the water. 'Well done, Rose. You are the first one back.' Tüla said. I smiled with joy. I jumped at the sound of a huge CRACK. The egg was hatching. 'Oh wow!' I exclaimed. Out of the egg came a majestic baby dragon. It had emerald-green eyes, with the same purple and cream colours as the egg. The dragon let out a yowl and blew a small fireball. 'What is his name, Rose?' Tüla asked. I thought for a second. 'Echo. Echo the dragon.' I said. Echo let out a loud purr, as if he approved of his new name.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!