What A Day!

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

In the sun baking outback of Australia there was a little village with many little house’s containing small family’s. On the 30th of March 2007 there was big bang in the distance, something they have never heard before. The sun disappeared behind the hill and trees on the horizon. It was getting darker by the second and soon enough the sky went completely black. People of this village heard another loud crash. This crash was bigger louder and shook the ground. BANG! The lights went off. The whole town went into a blackout. You couldn’t turn the lights on or play the computer or watch TV. It was terrible. Terrifying. The little boys and girls in this little village were petrified. The sky lit up many times during the night. Bolts of lightning hit the ground. Rain started pelting down at one point but stoped serval hours later. As we woke up in the morning we saw what this storm had down to our town .The village was destroyed. It was a mess, destroyed. Houses were demolished only leaving floors, some were no longer there. Trees were on their sides and new hills have appeared. Families set off in their vehicles to see what he storm had created .Hours went on and no one could find what coursed the blackout. No fallen electricity polls or wires on the ground. A family pulled over on the side of the road to discuss what to do next, when the ground started shaking and the sky started rumbling. They were knocked off their feet, cracks appeared in the ground. Than everything around them started crumbling down. The building blocking the sun fell. The scorching sun hit their faces and they scrambled out back into their car which boiled and felt like 100 degrees. The heat was too much which was strange considering last night was the worst storm they’ve seen in a long time. “Let’s just go home” people said. People returned to what was left of their houses. Because of the heat and the wreckage the families decided to go to the Queensland. The family’s decided a beach. When they arrived the family discussed what to do first, play volleyball girls vs boys or go for a swim in the ocean. Volleyball it was. Boys on one side of the net and girls on the other. The game had begun. Boys lead most of the game but in the end girls thrashed them. All the activity made them hungry they had something to eat. The food disappeared quicker than ever before! The thrash and crash the waves become very loud and the force of them got stronger. “We had better have a swim before it gets dark or too cold” someone pointed out.
They ran into the water and forgot about the catastrophe that happened at home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!